Hosting a party where the guests don’t know each other well? Worried about lulls in conversation? A quick and easy way to ensure lively conversation is to have conversation starters at your party. You can sprinkle conversation starters in many places. For instance, write topics of conversation on cocktail napkins, paper coasters, or drink markers. Have you seen these cute DIY Drink Stirrers on the web lately. How easy would it be to put a different conversation starter on each person’s drink marker?
Need some ideas for conversation? Here are just a few:
- If you could have a dozen of anything at all, what would you choose?
- Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- What did you dream of being when you grew up?
- What’s your favorite dessert and why?
- If you could adopt a feature from any animal, what would it be?
If trying to come up with things for guests to talk about seems too overwhelming, you could just buy one of these great Chat Packs.